Thursday, April 19, 2012

Masquerade Read~Along Week 3

Hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings

Chapters 16-24

1. Heven’s mother has definite ideas about Heven and her scars – what they mean – and their relationship is strained. Do you think their relationship can be saved?

Probably not since her mother has strong religious beliefs that Heven is evil when she is not. If my mom viewed me as evil because I was attacked and disfigured, I don't think that is a relationship I could ever save. Heven needed her moms love and support during the most difficult time in her life and not receiving it will never be forgotten.

2. Sam tells Heven about how he came to be living on his own, how his parents kicked him out after he became what he is. He doesn’t seem angry though, he seems to accept it. Would you be angry? Do you think he should be?

I would be angry. His parents should love him anyway. It isn't his fault or choice. It was in his genes and his father even knew that it ran in his family. He should be partly angry but I think it is good he has accepted and moved on.

3. During these chapters, Heven and Sam visit the Inbetween and meet Airis (aka The Hope). Were you surprised by this series of events? Do you think a place like the InBetween really exists?

I was surprised. I didn't think something like that would happen. I was glad because it allowed Heven to be saved. I'm not religious so I don't really believe a place like that exists but you never know.

4. When Heven’s scars are no longer a part of her and she says “she no longer recognizes herself” – do you think that the absence of her scar will change her once more?

Maybe a little bit. She has another change to deal with but I don't think she will ever forget what she went through. That will always be with her and make her stronger.

5. Gran is very accepting of Heven and of Sam. Do you think that she understands more – knows more than she lets on about Heven’s life or do you think her love is just unconditional? 

I think her love is unconditional. She knows Heven has been through a lot and loves and supports her. Sam is very good to Heven and her grandma sees that.



5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a read-along -- so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers this week!! I don't think I could ever forgive my mother if she treated me the way that Heven's mom treats her. Sam with Sam's parents. Talk about messed up people! lol.
    I think Heven's scars will be with her forever... and the scars on the inside might not be visible but I don't know if they will ever disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would take a big person to forgive their mother for doing that but if she runs around holding a grudge it will cause her heartache. I am hoping they will come to a resolution. Yes, Sam is amazing in his ability to move forward. Gran is the best right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very disappointed in their parents. Shame. Shame. I think those tough times make the people. Glad to see Heven and Sam seem to have risen above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Heven's mom has some warped religious beliefs, but I keep hoping that she will see the light. I am glad that Heven has her grandmother. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!