Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Never To Sleep 
(Soul Screamers #5.5) 
by Rachel Vincent

Release Date: January 1, 2012
Publisher: HarlequinTEEN
Pages: eBook NOVELLA Short story to be read after If I Die
Genre: YA Paranormal Banshees 
Source: Amazon Kindle
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble 
Haunt Author: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Don't Close Your Eyes. Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream—and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever. Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?

I love the Soul Screamers novellas. They give such great insight into the other characters. I am not a Sophie fan but I'm not supposed to be! She is vain, selfish, and totally stuck in her own bubble. But her bubble is burst in this novella! She sees a soulless reaper appear in the school hallway and screams, taking her into the netherworld with the cute new guy, Luca, she just met.

Sophie freaks out and wonders if she is going crazy like her cousin. We get to see her perspective of the netherworld. She fights through some crazy obstacles and runs into some old characters. She is very snarky and witty. I enjoyed a bunch of her lines and had a lot of laugh out loud moments. Luca was hot and interesting too. I can't wait to see what he is up to in Before I Wake. A must read for all Soul Screamers fans but make sure to read it after If I Die, or you will be spoiled.

"If the universe was finally throwing me a bone-and let's be honest, it owed me the whole damn skeleton, after the year I'd had-I wasn't going to throw it back without at least taking a good look at the offering."

"I am not sacrificing a brand-new blouse to a bunch of venom-leaking thorns." Especially if taking my shirt off meant he would put his back on.

Rating: 5/5 Stars!
 

3 comments:

  1. Fab review!! Have this one on my Kindle and hope to get to it soon!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your review Jenn :) I am absolutely in love with Rachel Vincent's novels too :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica@a GREAT read Enjoy! It was a fun read!

    @Vanya Drum I LOVE Rachel Vincent too! I'm starting all her adult novels next!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!