Tuesday, December 20, 2011

WOW #4



Weekly Meme Hosted By Breaking The Spine

I'm waiting on...

Trail of the Spellmans: Document #5

Trail of the Spellmans (Document #5) by Lisa Lutz
Releasing February 28th 2012

The long awaited fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling, Edgar- and Macavity-nominated series about an eccentric sleuthing family.

For the first time in Spellman history, Isabel Spellman, PI, might be the most normal member of her family. As always, the Spellman clan has yet to settle into any kind of status quo. Mom, Olivia, has taken on an outrageous assortment of extracurricular activities, seemingly without motive. Dad, Albert, has a secret. Her brother and sister, David and Rae, are at war, but neither will reveal the source of the conflict. And Izzy's niece, Sydney, keeps saying banana even though she hates bananas. That's not to say that Izzy isn't without her own troubles. Henry Stone keeps wanting "to talk," a prospect Isabel evades by going out with her new drinking buddy, none other than Gertrude Stone, Henry's mother. While domestic disturbances abound, there is one source of sanity in the Spellman household: Demetrius Merriweather, now employee of the month for 18 months straight (the entire tenure of his employment).

Things aren't any simpler on the business side of Spellman Investigations. First, parents hire the firm to follow their daughter. Rae is assigned the case, only to fake the surveillance reports. Then a math professor hires Izzy to watch his immaculate apartment while he unravels like a bad formula. A socialite has Isabel follow her husband, despite a conspicuous lack of suspicion. A man in a sweater vest hires the firm to follow his sister, who turns out to be the socialite. Isabel wants to get to the bottom of all this, but her father erects a Chinese wall to protect the clients' wishes. As the questions pile up, Izzy won't stop hunting for the answers-even when they threaten to shatter both the business and the family.

Once again, it's up to her to pull the Spellmans back from the brink.

The Spellman Files series in order

Why I Am Waiting
 A big thank you to my co-worker for lending me the first couple books in this series! I went out and bought all the hardcover editions and have since bought every book. This is such a fun and unique series and I love that the books take place in San Francisco and are about a PI family that spy on each other. They are so dysfunctional they ALMOST make my family look normal. It makes for a hilarious read and the footnotes are so funny. It has been a long wait since the fourth book and some very interesting developments happened and I can't wait to see where they go!

What are you waiting on? Leave a link!

31 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOOOOOVE this series, so cool that another blogger enjoys this series as well. I have all the books in HC and even went out and bought Head you Lose, since Ms. Lutz co-wrote it :P

    I hope they go through, and make this series into a movie!

    check out my WoW: http://shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/wow-waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series, but it sounds interesting :)

    Thanks for stopping by!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series sounds really interesting! Thanks for stopping by, I'm hoping for a miracle for Alex too, the ending of Delirium left me gaping!

    Amy @ Following The Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I've never heard of this series before.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting and funny! Thanks for sharing!

    http://jezsbookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of the book, yet it sounds interesting! Happy reading! Great pick!! Thank you for sharing it!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of these books, now I'm glad I have. Sounds like a intriguing, good read. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment over at my blog. I never thought of the books as being depression. There is some hardships for some of the characters, but it's done in a way where they fight to get past it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this series but your post makes it sound amazing :-) Thanks so much for shouting it out!

    Thanks for visiting my blog--I'm now a new follower here!

    Rachel Harris

    Flirting With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this series before, thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i haven't heard of this series, but love that cover. so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this series yet but it sounds good. I might have to check this out. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping bt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I haven't heard of the series before. It sounds really good. I like anything funny. Great pick and thanks for commenting on mine.

    Happy Holidays,
    Sarah
    thestoryseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of this series. It looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing and visiting my Wow. =]
    Michael
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this series before now. It sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-3-lenobias-vow.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of the books from this series, but your excitement is contagious! I'll have to pick one up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds very good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't ever heard of this series before so thanks so much for sharing! I will check this series out. It sounds really good. Awesome pick :D

    My WoW: http://jessiraelloyd.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't you hate waiting for the next book in a series? It must be really awesome if you're waiting for book #5.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of it either but I like the name "Spellman" that was the last name of Sabrina's aunts :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. good to know ;) they looked interesting. I saw them when i used to work at Borders.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, those crazy Spellmans. I've been waiting for them to up the ante and just go all our crazy. Hehe
    I'm glad you featured this, Jen, as I wasn't aware that there's a fifth book. Thanks for sharing! ;)

    Btw, I hope you can visit my WoW post this week (#9 and not #8..made a mistake re link):

    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/waiting-on-wednesday-9-2/

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a new one for me but the author's name is definitely familiar.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hadn't heard of this one - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never heard of this series but I will have to go check it out it sounds really good:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't believe that you are waiting on the release of #5 and this is my first time hearing about this series. It sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cool choice! I've never heard of this author or series, but it definitely sounds interesting.
    Thsnks for sharing & for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohh this is definitely new to me! Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't read any books in this series yet, but it had me at 'eccentric sleuthing family!' Sounds awesome already!! And I LOVE dysfunctional families... they're just so much fun to read about. Thanks for putting this on my radar, so intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Van Pham I LOVE this series! Glad you do too. I have been hoping for a movie too.

    @Kat Thanks for stopping by too.

    @Amy The Delirium ending killed me. I cried for hours! Thanks for visiting.

    @Petra @ Safari Poet It's a great series and I usually only read paranormal but I love this. Thanks for visiting!

    @Jez It is one of the funniest series I have read.

    @Books For All Seasons Thanks and happy reading to you!

    @Becs Glad to introduce you! Thanks for stopping by.

    @Fallen Thanks for visiting too. I found the movies sad and difficult to get through. They do fight well to get past everything!

    @Rachel Harris Glad my post showed the true nature of the books :-) Thanks for visiting.

    @Bob (Beauty in Ruins) I don't read too many mysteries either but this one is so much fun. Thanks for visiting.

    @SQT Thanks for stopping by!

    @ashelynn hetland The cover is neat. The other ones had a little more going on but I have love all of them.

    @Traci @ The Reading Geek Thanks for visiting and I hope you check it out.

    @storyseekers It is extremely funny. Lots of LOLing!

    @Michael @ The Bookshelf Review Thanks for visiting and glad it caught your attention.

    @Christina @ Twin Dragons Thanks for visiting.

    @Sophia Glad to be contagious! :0

    @Susanne Thanks for stopping by and happy reading to you too!

    @Jesssirae Hope you check it out and enjoy it as much as me!

    @Rachel Brooks I hate waiting! Yes I'm dying for book 5. It is always agony waiting.

    @melannie haha yes every time my brother sees my Spellman book he keeps asking so are they witches? I'm like no they run a PI business. LOL

    @Christie Cote They are fantastic! Glad you saw them :-) Hope you check them out some day.

    @thetravelingreader Yes there is a 5th book yay and she plans to still write more after that. All rumors that it was over! Thanks goodness! I'll check out your new post :-)

    @Giselle Always glad to introduce a new one!

    @Erica Thanks for visiting.

    @Rebecca Hope you check it out and enjoy it!

    @FABR Thanks for visiting. A fabulous series. As soon as I read the fifth I'll be waiting on the sixth!

    @Andrea @The Bookish Babes Way interesting :-) Hope you check it out.

    @We Fancy Books Thanks for visiting! Glad to introduce a new pick.

    @Brodie Glad to have you intrigued. The family is definitely not like any other you have read about. They are hilarious and extremely dysfunctional. I love every minute of it! Check it out :-)

    Thanks so much for stopping by everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!