Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reign Fall 
(Demon Princess #3)
by Michelle Rowen 

Release Date: January 2, 2012
Publisher: Self-published
Pages: 282
Genre: YA-Fantasy
Source: Author for review
Purchase: Amazon | Smashwords  | Kobo  |  Nook
Haunt Author: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Prophesies, demon slayers, dragons, homework… It’s going to be a hell of a week!

It’s been a dangerous ride for Nikki Donovan since she first learned she’s a demon princess. And the ride isn’t over yet!

She’s just found out that her best friend is a demon slayer in training, one who doesn’t know that Nikki is exactly the prey she’s sworn to hunt. Nikki’s demon king father has signed her up for lessons in how to master her erratic half-demon powers, and that’s on top of her regular homework! Also, she’s torn between two boys—Rhys, the faery king she’s prophesied to marry, and Michael, a Shadow whom she’s forbidden to love.

To top it all off, a dark force is haunting Nikki, something mysterious and evil that wants the demon princess dead…but who — or what — is it?

Half-Demon Princess Nikki just can't catch a break. Her dragon oracle friend/kind of ex-boyfriend Chris sees a new danger coming for her. Her best friend Melinda is a demon slayer. She hasn't seen Michael, her unofficial boyfriend in two weeks. Rhys the faery king continues to try to make her jealous. Her mom is dating her teacher and her father is still busy ruling the Shadowlands where he can't leave his castle.

Melinda, Nikki's BFF, is a bit depressed trying to avoid her demon slayer training. She definitely has some interesting development in this book and we learn a lot more about her. Nikki's dad, King Desmond, wants Nikki to start practicing with her Darkling powers. A good idea with a possible threat on it's way. I still want to see if Nikki can fly. And of course she has Rhys and Michael after her attention. I love her interactions with these two boys.

Rhys is as charming and arrogant as ever. You can't help but love him. He will be rude yet hilarious one minute, then sweet and vulnerable the next. Nikki continues to fight her feelings for him but it is so obvious she will have to give in eventually. Who wouldn't?! Rhys continues to try to make her jealous by dating Melinda but when Nikki needs something from him he comes up with a fabulous payment plan. A kiss for what she wants. So can Nikki continue to deny her feelings even after that? Oh you must read to see but I think Rhys fans will be pleased! I was hoping for more of him but was so thrilled with every little piece of him I was blessed with.

Michael is having trouble dealing with what happened in the last book and trying to hide it from Nikki. During their training sessions some honest feelings come out. I feel really sad for Michael but then at the same time he kind of bothers me. He also scares me a little bit. I can't say I blame Nikki for some of the second thoughts and caution she has towards him. He is a really complex character and I wish all the best for him, especially with finding someone new because I want Nikki with Rhys. :-)

When the danger comes there is action and surprises just like in the first two. A big cliffhanger leaving me dying to see what happens next. This series is extremely fun, cute, exciting and enjoyable. If you have not picked up the first book yet you should definitely do that! Or you should just pick up all of Michelle Rowen's books because her writing is like Pringles so once you start you can't stop. I can never put the books down. I'm off to read it a third time. I have to hold myself over until the conclusion.

Demon Princess Series Facebook Page
You can vote for TEAM RHYS or TEAM MICHAEL here

"Bite me, Rhys."
"Where?" he asked, then he grinned.

"I really hate you sometimes."
"There's a fine line between love and hate."
I glared at him. "Dream on."

“You dare speak to me in such an insolent manner?”
“Stop talking like you’re two hundred years old. You’re sixteen, just like me.”

"Good. I wouldn't want you to fall madly in love with me. That would make things very complicated when it comes to your beloved Shadow, wouldn't it? Who'd win the battle for your heart then? The servant or the king?"

To learn more about Rhys you can check out my book boyfriend post about him here

Rating: 5/5 Faerie Kings!

                

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Great review! I haven't exactly heard or read this series, but I'm now dying to try it out.
    And I think I'm unofficially Team Rhys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book but it seems really fun! I like the comparison to Pringles, with that how could I resist this book? I also really liked this quote, "Stop talking like you’re two hundred years old. You’re sixteen, just like me.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I just don't think this one is for me. I've never heard of the series and I just have so many other books that I have to read for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, half-demon? Wow, this book sounds like it has a lot of action, and it looks like there's a hot boy after our princess too! Haha. This book sounds really awesome; Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic review! I've never heard of these books or the author, but it sounds great! It's usually not my sort of genre but after reading your review I might just have to make an exception!! When it comes to Rhys and Michael, I think I'd probably be team Rhys. He sounds like my kind of male character. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review! This looks like a really fun series!!! Will make sure to pick it up soon :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read these yet, but the first two books are sitting on my shelf! Sounds like you enjoy them, so I'm excited to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first book and I was considering stopping there, but now your review has made me want to continue! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never even heard of this series, but the third book sounds very good. I might have to check out the first two. Rhys sounds like the kind of character I'd absolutely adore. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant review, Jennifer! I haven't heard of this series either but if this book has managed to snag 5 stars it must be amazing. Thanks for drawing my attention to it! And I love those little teasers at the end. :) Rhys sounds hilarious! I want this book now!

    And thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. You rock! <3

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've enjoyed all of the books I've read by Michele Rowen, but I haven't had a chance to read any of the Demon Princess books yet. I enjoyed your review, it gave me a great sense of what the book is about and whether I'll like it or not (I know I will).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read the first in this series and loved it. Now to dig out the next to read the rest of the story. Thanks for reminding me why.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!