Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WOW #52



I'm waiting on

Insomnia (The Night Walkers, #1)

 Insomnia by J.R. Johansson
Expected Release Date June 8th 2013


It’s been four years since I slept, and I suspect it is killing me.

Instead of sleeping, Parker Chipp enters the dream of the last person he’s had eye contact with. He spends his nights crushed by other people’s fear and pain, by their disturbing secrets—and Parker can never have dreams of his own. The severe exhaustion is crippling him. If nothing changes, Parker could soon be facing psychosis and even death.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. Parker starts going to bizarre lengths to catch Mia’s eye every day. Everyone at school thinks he’s gone over the edge, even his best friend. And when Mia is threatened by a true stalker, everyone thinks it’s Parker.

Suffering blackouts, Parker begins to wonder if he is turning into someone dangerous. What if the monster stalking Mia is him after all?

Why I Am Waiting?
I love books involving dreams in any way. It would be fascinating to take a look at other peoples dreams. Too bad it seems to not be enjoyable for Parker but I wonder why Mia's dreams are all sunshine? lol



Leave your WOW links

22 comments:

  1. That cover is terrifying-I would have to keep it face-down when I wasn't reading it because it freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is definitely eye-catching and the synopsis sounds good too. :)

    Here is my WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wew, the cover's creepy. I've heard about this and sounds really interesting! Great pick! I hope you'll get this book soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a creepy cover! This one sounds really good, I hadn't heard about it yet. Thanks for sharing it with us, I am definitely going to add it to my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy and cool, I just added this to my pile, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this whole premise too! The cover freaks me out a bit though. lol Thanks for sharing! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh interesting! Haven't heard of this one but looks like a nice creepy read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so awesome!! Great pick babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I added this to my TBR pile mostly because of that awesome cover! I'm excited to read it too!

    Thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW

    xo
    jaime @ FIC FARE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate. Sometimes it feels like years since I've slept too. SOunds good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds awesome and will be going straight onto the TBR.

    If you'd like check out my WoW choice here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg I actually chose this one for my next WoW! It sounds a-maaaazing!! and i LOVE the cover! Great pick!
    - Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ca-reepy!!!! I'm going to let you read it first and tell me how scary it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound dark and scary and fun! I haven't heard of this one before so thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't seen this one yet. It reminds me a little bit of Lisa McMann's Fade/Wake series.
    Dreams kind of freak me out, even my own. Luckily, I don't remember 95% of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds like that perfect combination of creepy and intriguing! I'm adding it to my TBR list right now =)

    Emily @ Falling for YA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Insomnia sounds soooo creepy! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Creepy! That cover is something. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always look forward to seeing what YOU are looking forward to. You have great taste in books. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with you that books about dreams are always interesting. But just the stalker aspect didn't spin me in. It'll be a maybe for now. ;)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg that cover freaks me out so much! I almost picked this this week too I'm s excited for it! It's right up my alley for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!