Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Book Boyfriend #6



My book boyfriend this week is

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com



From the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)   Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)

Sweet Jem Carstairs, a shadowhunter, a great friend, loyal and kind. He has silver hair due to the drug he is addicted to. He was kidnapped as a child and forced to take it, but if he stops he will die, but if he continues taking it he will die. But even through all his hardships he has stayed so strong and loving.

   

 “I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.” 




 “You speak of sacrifice, but it is not my sacrifice I offer. It is yours I ask of you," he went on. "I can offer you my life, but it is a short life; I can offer you my heart, though I have no idea how many more beats it shall sustain. But I love you enough to hope that you will not care that I am being selfish in trying to make the rest of my life - whatever length - happy, by spending it with you. I want to be married to you, Tessa. I want it more than I have ever wanted anything else in my life." He looked up at her through the veil of silvery hair that fell over his eyes. "That is," he said shyly, "if you love me, too.”



 “Wo ai ni, Tessa." he whispered. "Wo bu xiang shi qu ni."


I love you.
And I don't want to lose you.
” 



“That sounds almost practiced, James Carstairs. How many girls have you made swoon with that observation?"
"There is only one girl I care to make swoon," he said. "The question is, does she?"
She smiled at him. "She does.”  




“You sound as if you don't mind what happens to it," said Tessa. "Won't you miss it here? This place has been your home."
His fingers stroked her wrist lightly, making her shiver.
"You are home for me now.” 



 “When two souls are as one, they stay together on the Wheel. I was born into this world to love you, and I will love you in the next life, and the one after that."


I just love Jem. He is sooo sweet. With all the great fan art out there I decided not to try to find a Jem and use these beautiful pictures. The last picture is my favorite! So cute! I wish I could draw like that.

16 comments:

  1. Jennifer, this is awesome! I've been meaning to use Jem as well, but he's a hard one to find on Google. You did perfectly with these images. I still haven't read Clockwork Prince, but I heard it makes you want to throw the book at the wall. Those quote are great, and gives me Jem and Tessa hope. Even though I love Will just as much.

    No Book Boyfriend for me today, but I thought I should comment anyway.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Jem.... Those quotes make me want to read Clockwork Prince so badly! I even liked him more than Will since CA. He's so sweet and romantic /daydreaming/
    Someday I will make him as MBB too :D
    Thanks for sharing this, and include me in your blogroll,that makes me really happy and grateful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book in this series so far, and Jem seemed more like the brotherly type. But now that I read those quotes, I can see he definitely has more to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series yet, but Jem sounds like my kinda guy. I love the silver hair! Great choice and beautiful fanart!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-book-boyfriend-25-eidolon.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen these books around a lot. I like the anime drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are on my TBR pile and I know I'll get to them by the summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read CA and I was torn between the two. I liked them both for very different reasons. But you make me want to pick up CP and dive right in. Jem was quite swoon-worthy so I'm anxious to know more. Nice MBB pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some great fan art. For those of you that have not read the series drop everything and read it now! You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow, I am not surprised :P :) Like the pictures Jennifer!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sighs* Oh Jem!!!!! how i love you!!!! but at times i wish you didnt exist because i also LOVE will and you two just make all the ladies have heartbreak!!! great post!!! oh jem!!!!!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennifer! This Jem post alone is enough to win you the Lovely Blog Award, but it's also super fantastic. I love your blog. It's so lid, in a wonderful way!

    Click here to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawww those animations are just so cute! I have the first book, but never got around reading it :(
    I really love those quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Mortal Instruments. Need to pick these ups. I love the fan art! New blog follower here! :)
    Reading Lark After Dark's Book Boyfriend: Vishous

    ReplyDelete
  14. ♥_♥ Your posts make me happy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to start this series ASAP!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!