Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Top 10 of 2014 ~ Best Older Books I Read in 2014



Wednesday, December 24th – Best ________ Of 2014 
(Readers/Bloggers choice. Please fill in the blank with ONE of these topics – Villains, Contemporaries, Dual POV’s, Novellas, Adult titles, New Adult titles, Love Triangles, Couples, Bad Boys or Debuts. REMEMBER – this list MUST be from books you’ve READ in 2014) 



Today I'm going to share best older books I read in 2014.
Books published 2012 and before only.
This year I decided to get to a lot of books on my shelf and books I had been meaning to read for a long time so here they are!



The Compound
This was one of the craziest reads ever! This dad was so crazy! The things he did to his family!


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
Creepy and different. The paranormal aspect was different than what I originally thought the book would be about.


When It Happens
Super cute read.


Second Chance Summer
Cute and then so emotional. Lots of tears.


The Sky is Everywhere
So emotional!


White Cat (Curse Workers, #1)
Great audio read. I liked the unique paranormal aspect.


Slammed (Slammed, #1)
I bought this when it came out but just finally read it!
Different than I expected but great! Loved the poetry.


Twenty Boy Summer
I've wanted to read a Sarah Ockler book forever and finally read 3 this year.


Bittersweet
So cute! Loved the cupcake recipes. Yum.


The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)
I have heard so much about this one for years!
I listened to the audio and just loved it!
Was so sad and the ending was rather open but I still loved it.


Legend (Legend, #1)
Finally got to this one in time to attend a signing.
I am still in the middle of the second book.


Revived
Audio read.


Starters (Starters, #1)
This was a great audioread. Had a bit of a surprise I was not expecting.


Call the Shots (Swim the Fly, #3)
This was a hilarious audiobook!


Everneath (Everneath, #1)
The cover was so pretty I bought it right when it came out and it sat on my shelf for years.
It was fun that I got to binge read all three in a row though!




Leave links to your Top 10 lists!


16 comments:

  1. Love your topic! But I have to say that I couldn't stand The Forest of Hands and Teeth! That book drove me insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Slammed for a long time, but I haven't even bought a copy of it yet. I should definitely get to it in 2015. :D I loved The Sky is Everywhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Bittersweet but I have read #scandal by Sarah Ockler. It was a great read. And a friend keeps telling me I need to read Legend, but I somehow keep forgetting about it. In 2015, it's a promise. ;)

    Here's my post! Best Contemporaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your topic and I need to read those books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a couple of these: When It Happens (I agree, so cute) & White Cat (loved it, and the whole trilogy). Great list, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list idea I wish I had thought of that as I read a lot of books that where out ages ago. I have read a couple of these books and enjoyed them and some of the others I must get read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Legend, Twenty Boy Summer and Slammed! I have Second Chance Summer but haven't gotten around to reading it yet but I've heard great things so hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it Happens was the first book I read by Susane Colasanti. If you haven't read her others I highly recommend you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read The Sky is Everywhere this year, too! I adored it!
    The Curse Workers and Slammed were great, as well.
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only one I read is Legend but I really want to try The Sky is Everywhere and Second Chance Summer! I'll ready some tissues when I'm reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great topic! I read a lot of older titles during the year. The Forest of Hands and Teeth is a great series, so keep reading it! Loved Sky is Everywhere and Starters. Awesome picks and Happy Holidays :D
    My list: http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-10-of-2014-best-debut-novels-of-2014.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for another post that wasn't about couples or villains. :) Thanks for sharing. For my own post today, I posted about Best Less Known Authors/Books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only one I've read is Miss Peregrine and I got the White Cat on audio but didn't get to listen to it in time. I like Holly Black. Merry Christmas Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is a fun topic. I am so glad to see you enjoyed Slammed. That is an all time favorite of mine. And Everneath is another one I really enjoyed. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome choice for today's Top 10. And some seriously great older reads. I loved Everneath. It was my favorite of the series. And Twenty Boy Summer was super cute. I hadn't heard of The Compound but I think I'm going to have to check it out on GR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. White Cat on audio is one of my favorite books to re-listen to. I'm curious about Starters... I may grab that on audio.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!