Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Awakening the Nightmare Excerpt

Symmetria Series

Today I'm going to share an excerpt from Awakening The Nightmare by Lanie Malone.
A dark but hot paranormal adventure or so I hear. I haven't had the chance to read it yet. The cover is scary lol but from all the reviews I've read I believe it is more romance and adventure than horror.
"If you like urban fantasy with hot vampires, strong non-human female protagonists (that kick serious butt), smokin' hot demons, fae, werewolves... pretty much the whole menagerie of paranormal creatures- then run, don't walk, and go out and buy yourself a copy. "-Alana @ Dark Obsessions
I thought Alana summed it up nicely and it sounds good.
You can check out some reviews on goodreads or check out all the tour stops listed at the bottom.

Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria Series Book #1)
Release Date: Feburary 6, 2012
Pages: 272
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Purchase: Amazon

In a world filled with preternatural beings, Corinne DeLacy stands alone. For centuries she has hidden her heritage and powers from the rest of the world. Then Nick is forced into her life, turning it upside down. Standing in her way at every turn, he watches her with suspicion. Circumstances landed them together and now they must fight to save all that they hold dear. Will they make it, or will her past stand in the way of their future?




It's the first meeting of Cory and Nick the two main characters- first from Cory's point of view, and the second from Nick's point of view.


He had black hair that was cut short in the back and spiked up in the front, a healthy tan on those high cheekbones and strong jaw that held a hint of five o'clock shadow and a perfect set of full lips that looked oh so very kissable.  But the part that was truly devastating was the fierce green eyes that looked back at her with absolute... disgust?  Disdain?  What the hell?  She wasn't conceited but she knew she wasn't ugly enough to earn that sort of response.
     Forcing herself to pick her jaw up off the floor, mentally wipe the drool off her chin and scrape together what was left of her pride Cory straightened her spine and raised her chin a notch.  "Who are you and what are you doing in my office?"
     "We're here to see Cory DeLacy."  He asked with a deep voice that was just as sexy as the rest of him.
     "Good for you."  She answered while still trying to get her hormones under control.  I really need to get laid if I'm reacting this way to strange vamps, even if he is the yummiest thing I've ever laid eyes on.

___________________________________________________________________________________

She was uncommonly tall for a female, only a few inches shorter than him, slender but curved nicely in just the right places.  Her long hair, as black as his own except for a streak of pure white at her right temple, had been pulled back into a pony tail with bangs left slanting across her forehead.  She had a dark gray eyes that were slightly titled at the corners.  The look in those eyes had quickly gone from warm and appreciative to cold and disapproving.  He had much preferred it warm.  He didn't doubt she could freeze a lesser man to death with those eyes.  Her mouth was a perfect cupid's bow with a lush, very kissable looking lower lip.  And when she had walked out of the room, dear God she had a nice ass.
     Left standing alone in the hallway, now experiencing serious discomfort and completely annoyed by not only her behavior but also his father's, he ran a hand through his hair considering the benefits of a cold shower.



haha I always loving getting both POVs. Sounds like an interesting start to the romance.

Wife, mother, student, domestic goddess, blogger, author, animal lover, avid reader, tomboy... the labels and titles go on and on. But I don't want to be labelled any one thing. I am all of these things and they are all a part of who I am. So the end result is just me, something of a mess, with interests all over the place. But also with the ability to adapt when necessary.

Writing for me is, essentially, a purge. Not to sound like a spiritual nut, because I'm not, but it allows me to take all of the negative energy within me and focus it on something positive. To pour out from my soul, all the things that make me crazy, a process that leaves me feeling refreshed and revitalized. My writing isn't necessarily deep, there are things in it that people who know me well, could make the connections, and figure out exactly what part of my history I am referencing, if only to draw on it for authenticity. But it is still, all, just little pieces of me. Or more accurately, little things that are a reflection of me and although there is something of a darker element to some of it, it is meant only to be entertaining. I have no desire to have my work analyzed by college professors and students. I don't need my books to become classics or even fads. I just want average people like myself, to enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

I love to talk, so talk to me.

Lanie's Book Home Page


Be sure to check out the other tour stops and enter the giveaways
*Indicates Giveaway
Friday, July 20th http://shystarloves.blogspot.co.uk/ (Shaaista)*
Sunday, July 22nd http://mybookboyfriend.blogspot.com/ (Terri)
Monday, July 23rd http://randomjendsmit.blogspot.com/ (Jen)*
Tuesday, July 24th http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/ (Jennifer)
Wednesday, July 25th http://sharearead.com/ (Nicole)

3 comments:

  1. I love dual,view points and this post was especially entertaining. Interesting to see how she thinks he sees her and then how he really sees her. Sounds like a rocky beginning to a romance but I am certain sparks will be flying soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!