Hosted by Candace’s Book Blog
1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?
I'm not sure exactly. I guess he just saw someone strong, free, and beautiful. I think he saw in her things that he wish he could have or be.
2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?
No, he should have just told her the truth. He knew it was going to come out eventually.
3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?
I think there was some truth to Kimber's words. She has clearly been hiding a lot of insecurity and it finally came out. It's important to talk about these things before they build up to an exploding point. From here I think they need to talk through everything sober and work them out.
4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?
I don't know that she will go back to the exact same person but she can gain back her confidence and happiness. I don't think she will ever want to be exactly the same because she has went through a lot and has a new perspective on things that will change her.
5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?
I think I would react the same way. I don't think that is something anyone could easily get over. It would take some processing. Sam wasn't completely at fault but he did lie and hide things.