Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 10 of 2011 Characters

Top 10 of 2011
 Hosted by these amazing blogs! 
Thursday December 29th

Top 10 Characters In 2011

Top Characters 
With The Most Awesome Paranormal Powers!
Since I Like It Paranormal


Wendy ~ Loki ~ Tove
Powers: Wendy ~ Influence: She can tell someone to do something and they do
Loki ~ Looks someone in the eye and they pass out
Tove ~ Very strong telekinitic powers
Side Effects: Magic hangover, headaches, die young, age quickly, go crazy and hit your wife
   Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)   Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2)   Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)


Lend
Powers: Able to look like anyone close to his size
Side Effects: Your girlfriend sometimes sees you turn into your dad, ewwy, although at least he can come get you out of school to ditch
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1...   Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #...   Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)


Emerson ~ Kaleb ~ Michael
Powers: Emerson & Michael ~ Time Travel to past and future if done together
Kaleb ~ Can take away pain and feels others emotions
Side Effects: See things that are not in your current time. Embarrassing when you set a glass down on a piano but the piano isn't really there.
Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)   Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)

  
 Nikki ~ Michael ~ Rhys
Powers: Nikki ~ Darkling: Super strength
Michael ~ Shadow: Able to lose form and steal life energy from others
Rhys ~ Faerie: Able to heal 
 Side Effects: Nikki ~ Ugly and painful transformations
Michael ~ Lose your form permanently and die
Rhys ~ Has to rule the faerie kingdom
 Reign or Shine (Demon Princess...   Reign Check (Demon Princess, #...   Reign Fall   Reign Storm


Jules ~ Vincent 
Powers: Revenants ~ Can die then come back to life
Side Effects: Have to go into a coma like state once a month for a few days. Not cute when your girlfriend finds you dead in your bed
 Die for Me (Revenants, #1)   Until I Die (Revenants, #2)


 Calla ~ Shay ~ Ren
Powers: Can change into a wolf with magic in a second then change back and still have their clothes :-)
Side Effects: Those nasty evil Keepers
 Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)   Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)   Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)


Adrian ~ Lissa ~ Christian
Powers: Adrian & Lissa ~Influence, Heal/Bring back from the dead, Grow plants, Bring Strigoi back to Moroi/Dhampir
Christian: Fire Fire!
Side Effects: Turn crazy :-(   Also potential to become spirit bound. I sure don't want someone being able to see everything I do at any time...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Acade...   Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2...   Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy,...   Blood Promise (Vampire Academy...   Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy,...   Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academ...

Clara
Powers: FLY! Among other angel abilities such as glory
Side Effects: Glory, as in start glowing really embarrassingly bright while making out with your boyfriend.
Unearthly (Unearthly #1)   Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)


Sophie ~ Cal ~ Archer
Powers: Awesome magic abilities! Cal excellent healer.
Side Effects: Witch hunters or the removal if you use your powers for evil which I would ;-)
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)   Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)   Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)


Tod ~ Levi
Powers: Become invisible, only allow certain people to see you, travel in a blink
Side Effects: Living without ever being seen, immortal and forever young-Yeah I'm okay with that but it makes Tody sad :-(  Also your job is to take souls!
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)   My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)   My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)   My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)   If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)


Sookie ~ Eric ~ Sam
Powers: Sookie ~ Hear peoples thoughts
Eric ~ Fly and vampire strength
Sam ~ Shift into any animal
Side Effects: Sookie ~ Impossible to like and have a relationship with any male when she can hear his thoughts-no girl wants to hear all THAT!
Eric ~ Has to drink blood, immortal
Sam ~ Can only shift into an animal nearby and doesn't keep his clothes
Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)


Georgina
Powers: She can shape shift into looking like anyone and is able to wear anything! She just shifts her hair and makeup and designer outfits. I wish!
Side Effects: Sucking the life force out of men-okay well I wouldn't mind hehe but she can't turn it off when she meets someone she loves
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kinca...   Succubus on Top (Georgina Kinc...   Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kinc...   Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincai...   Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kin...   Succubus Revealed (Georgina Ki...


Charley
Powers: Able to see and speak to dead people and guide them into the light
Side Effects: Ghosts like to live in her house and pop up on her in the shower. Oh yeah and the light is her so they have to walk through her to move on.
First Grave on the Right (Char...   Second Grave on the Left (Char...   Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charle...


Mercy
Powers: Walker, turns into a coyote easily at will but unable to keep clothes
 Side Effects: You have to wear a collar with your boyfriends number on it otherwise families try to keep you or take you to the pound.
Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson...   Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson...   Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson...   Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompso...   Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompso...   River Marked (Mercedes Thompso...



Leave a link to your favorites.
Also out of curiosity what is the most unique or awesome paranormal power you have read about? 
I'm always looking to add more books to my ginormous TBR list!

26 comments:

  1. YAY!! Jules made my list also..I liked him better than Vincent. You have so many books on your list I need to read..I need to go to the bookstore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with all of your picks.. Or at least with all of the ones I actually know. And you have one of the best topics I've seen today!

    Curious which books you'll pick tomorrow!

    All my best,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tee I loved Jules and better than Vincent too. But as you can see I always love boy #2/underdog.

    @Patricia Thanks! I was trying to think of something unique where I could talk about different characters than all the same ones I already mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the list. Should add that the GLORY makes hot boyfriend want to hurl. Lol. Mercy's dog collar. Heehee. If you haven't checked out the Alpha & Omega series, you need to. It is a nice spin off of Mercy.

    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, great selections of characters and books. I have so got to read the Vampire Academy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paranormal powers are really cool, I wish I´ve some.
    great list!

    My Top Ten Heroines and Villains

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Love many of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list! My favorite is Mercy's side effects :)

    For a unique take on vampires try the Strange Angels series. Its ya and by Lili St. Crow.

    And Jenna Black's Dark Descendant has some unique supernatural powers going on.

    :)
    Danielle
    http://knowntoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool
    looking list
    i need 2 read more[i sound like a broken record]

    my top characters that made the story

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post!

    Love Georgina!

    Stop by and check out my top 10 Eccentric female characters. :)

    http://ladysbookstuff.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-characters-in-2011.html

    Have a great day!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome list! I especially like the 'Side Effects.' I've only read Paranormalcy, the first 3 books in Vampire Academy, Hex Hall, and almost all of the Mercy Thompson books.

    I have Darynda Jones' books on my TBR list and hoping to read them eventually. My sister and mom have been going on about the Soul Screamers books for a while, so they will most definitely throw those at me at some point.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you set this up! So many cool abilities...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list! I haven't read a lot of these, but I have been seeing them all week so I guess I need to make a new list of what to read for next year :) I did Top 10 Awesome Book Chicks for mine

    http://twentysomethingfictionwriter.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-awesome-chicks-of-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most awesome list I've seen today!!!! Sooooo hysterical!!! I've been wondering what was up with the Succubus books - not sure I want to read them if she can't be with a guy. Should I put them on my TBR anyways????

    Listen to Bookgoonie! If you want a cheap taste of Alpha & Omega, download the novella (A&O 0.5) You really want to start here anyways.

    I can't help but chuckle thinking Mr. Wong (I think that was his name) in the corner of Charley's apt is a negative side effect. :)
    c-ya tomorrow!! Thx for stopping by!!

    Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how you chose a unique category. Lots of great choices you picked.

    My List: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-characters-in-2011-couples.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get so jealous when I visit your blog. The way you set up your posts is so unique and memorable. Great List!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list Jennifer!! I love Clara, Rose, Georgina, Sophie! I didn't like Nikki that much though :/
    And I am really looking forward to meet Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha!Love the side effects! I wouldn't have thought about it that way! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, amazing list! One of my favorites I've read for the characters theme :) I do love powers & books with powers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will get Succubus Blues ASAP!! Thx for the info!! So entirely helpful!! I've got Christmas money burning a hole in my purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lend and Clara! I still need to read Supernaturally and can't wait for Hallowed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hehe, I've only read Nightshade and the first 3 in Vampire Academy. I seriously need to get out more [in the book world] O.O

    Lucky you making posts in advance :P
    I'll do mine tomorrow, I'm just too lazy >.<

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh you picked some of the most fierce and awesome characters! Great list you have here! Jules and Vincent!!! <3

    Here' s my Top 10 Characters of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome, awesome choices! I love that you included so many great characters, especially the VA trio! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love the way you made this list, with the powers then side effects! I gotta say... I kinda wanna be a Revenant... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I read and love every single comment!